It’s a fact of life that we all want to look our best. However, what we are willing to do to look good varies from person to person. While many people are willing to go the Botox route or undergo surgical procedures to improve their looks, there are more people who are not. Cosmetic acupuncture is a great choice for those of you who want to give your skin a boost, but don’t want to inject Botox, fillers, or have surgery. It works well for aging baby boomers as well as for younger women and men who want their skin to look healthy, glowing, and…well, a little younger.
Cosmetic acupuncture is also known as acupuncture facial rejuvenation, and sometimes called an acupuncture facelift. It involves the use of traditional acupuncture to slow the signs of aging in your face, tune up your skin, and to bring back that youthful glow to your cheeks.
There are a number of benefits to cosmetic acupuncture, and here are our top ten reasons to give it a try:
- Cosmetic acupuncture works by increasing the circulation in your skin. As you get older, your circulation tends to get a little sluggish. Cosmetic acupuncture brings all those nutrient goodies like collagen and elastin back to where you want it–in your face and neck.
- The increased circulation translated into better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift around sagging jowls and baggy eyes.
- It’s safe. There are no side effects, other than an occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week. You don’t have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures.
- Cosmetic acupuncture is chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process.
- Your health benefits from the sessions, too. During a cosmetic acupuncture treatment, your acupuncturist also treats any health concerns that you have. They do this because beautiful skin is linked to good health. You can’t have beautiful, glowing skin if you’re health is suffering.
- It’s relaxing. Really. It may seem unlikely that an acupuncture treatment is relaxing, but the truth is that acupuncture increases the release of endorphins, those feel-good chemicals in your brain. This means that from the time you’re on the table for hours, and sometimes days after your treatment, you’ll feel mellow, rested, and less stressed.
- Cosmetic acupuncture is effective in treating acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- You’ll spend less money on cosmetic acupuncture than if you go the plastic surgery or injectable route. Each acupuncture treatment costs about $100 compared to several hundred or even thousands of dollars for injectables or surgery.
- The effects of cosmetic acupuncture can last years with just minor tune ups every six months or so.
- There is no down time with cosmetic acupuncture. You can have a treatment at lunch and head back to work glowing and relaxed.